Chantiers de Jeunes PACA
From Novembre 2021 to June 2022
Environment – Local Heritage
The support of the Cannes Foundation for Chantiers de Jeunes enables the association to support 35 young Cannes residents (aged 13 to 17) from priority neighborhoods in the financing of personal micro-projects through workshops to renovate local heritage sites (or through environmental protection workshops).
Micro-projects as a tool for social education: local actions aimed at young Cannes residents from priority areas of the city
This project allows 35 young people from priority neighborhoods in Cannes to self-finance their projects by participating in a project of general interest related to heritage or the environment (on the Fort Royal on the Ste Marguerite island in particular). Spending time on a work site allows the learning of work techniques, the development of civic behavior and the strengthening of social ties at a local level.
This inclusive action promotes the involvement of young Cannes residents from priority districts in civic engagement for the benefit of the general interest and thus develops their autonomy.
35 young people accompanied, 5 micro-projects identified, 32 days of work sites and 15 days of activity
In 2022, 5 micro-projects were identified by the 35 beneficiaries of the action:
- Deen Burbigo concert in Marseille: attend a concert (sometimes the first of their lives) and participate in an evening with friends, outside the family setting;
- Europa league football match Marseille / Lokomotiv Moscow (Marseille): attend a real European football match at a lower cost, discover the Vélodrome stadium and its atmosphere, meet the players, visit Marseille, the old port and the creeks;
- ski weekend at La Colmiane / ski weekend at Allos: take part in a weekend outside Cannes with friends, discover the mountains and winter sports, learn to ski;
- discovery week in Paris: visit the capital, discover French cultural heritage, spend a week outside Cannes with friends, go shopping and have fun.
An action with multiple goals
This local action aims to develop the autonomy of young people by actively participating in:
- citizenship education through mutual aid and cooperation;
- gender equality with a goal of gender diversity;
- prevention of radicalization and respect for secularism;
- the promotion of young people and the recognition of their work by local partners, residents, parents and teachers.