OPEN THE DOORS OF THE FESTIVAL TO YOUNG GENERATIONS, introduce them to the world of cinema and ASSOCIATED PROFESSIONS
AN ACTION CARRIED OUT by the “quinzaine des réalisateurs”
Quinzaine des Réalisateurs
Culture – Training
This project accompany a hundred young people from Cannes in a total immersion experience within the Quinzaine des Réalisateurs. Screenings, critical writing workshops, introduction to audiovisual production, professional meetings: the purpose of the project is to enable these young people to get a foothold in the Festival through the “Quinzaine des Réalisateurs”, to discover the world of cinema and the associated jobs.
The project’s objectives :
- Share with the beneficiaries the films selected for the “Quinzaine” and encourage debate and reflection;
- Create spaces of social and generational diversity to promote equal opportunities and social cohesion;
- Fight against discrimination and social and cultural exclusion;
- Involve the beneficiaries in collective artistic practice workshops during the Festival of Cannes.
WELCOMING THE BENEFICIARIES TO THE SCREENINGS OF THE FILMS OF THE QUINZAINE DES REALISATEURS
- Screenings in the La Bocca district in collaboration with “Cannes Cinéphiles”. Four films from the 2021 Quinzaine will be screened at the Théâtre Licorne and four films at Le Raimu cinema. Beneficiary groups will be invited to all sessions.
- Screenings at the Théâtre Croisette: priority invitations to screenings at the Théâtre Croisette will be distributed to beneficiaries from the Bocca district but also from all France for films that are the subject of reporting or critical analysis workshops.
- “La Quinzaine en Actions” badges giving free access to screenings at the Theater Croisette and all Cannes Cinéphiles theaters will be distributed to all
beneficiaries of the project.
- Ten reporting workshops will be set up following the films seen at the Théâtre Croisette with groups from social centres, youth services, associations, etc.
- Accompanied by professionals, the beneficiaries meet the directors and
film actors, conduct interviews and produce a 3 to 5 minute film edited on
same day and put online the next day on the Directors’ Fortnight website.
- Privileged encounters with the directors of films seen at the Théâtre Croisette as well as meetings with film professionals around their profession will be organized on the “Quinzaine” beach.